- 05 Apr 2023
- 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
The Clinkers: Story Quest Launch
Join Stoke Reads for a fabulous day at the Dudson Museum as we launch the wonderful new Story Quest – The Clinkers!
This Easter, Stoke Reads, the literacy hub from the National Literacy Trust, and the Dudson Museum are launching a new Story Quest trail around the Hanley based museum titled The Clinkers.
Levels of reading enjoyment were at one of their lowest in 2022, according to research from the National Literacy Trust, with fewer than 1 in 2 (47.8%) children aged 8 – 18 saying that they enjoy reading. Creating immersive story adventures such as Story Quest is great for improving children’s reading enjoyment by adding fun physical and written challenges.
Story Quest is a National Literacy Trust initiative of self-guided trails to inspire families across the city to read together, it helps parents and carers to support their children’s literacy skills. The new trail explores the magical world of The Clinkers, little Staffordshire Figurines, who come alive overnight and need the readers’ help to remake a broken green tulip jug.
At this launch event on 5th April, you can take part in so many free and exciting activities:
- Meet Kidda Kinsey, the author and illustrator of the brand new Dudson Museum Story Quest trail, and learn how to draw your very own Clinker.
- Quest around the Dudson Museum site with Stoke Reads staff and discover the hidden world of the mischievous Clinkers.
- Enjoy a fantastic tale or two with renowned local storyteller Alan Barratt.
- Get creative with a free colouring activity and try your hand at a free Paper Mosaic workshop in the Rose Price Room.
- Roam around the wonderful Grade II listed heritage site and iconic bottle oven which was once a busy pottery factory in the 1800-1900’s, before recharging your batteries in the lovely Dudson Centre café.
Don’t forget, Stoke Reads always bring a fantastic array of free storybooks along to the Story Quest events. Every child will get a copy to take home